Teeth

Teeth

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Jan 28-29 attempting to head north

With the closest cash machine being over 500km away, I am operating on limited funds. Hence, the most logical way to head north to my next destination is to find a ride. The bus costs 15 mil ($34 USD approximate)and I only have about 35 mil for the next 8-10 days. Villa OHiggins is at the southern terminus of the Carreterra austral, so all cars andctrucks exiting must head north. However, departure days seem to be largely governed by the glacier tour boat schedule. The day after the glacier tour, people leave.

There is a mandatory, free ferry about 100 km north of here in Puerto Jungay that leaves 3x/day, so I need only apply myself to procuring a ride during 3 45-minute intervals. No one seems to have left town in two days. I have one more chance tonight to get a ride before I acquiesce and buy a bus ticket for tomorrow.

Fortunately, things have been very mellow at the hostel and there are 13-15 cool people here, mainly cyclists, to hang out with. Last night, we had a hottub party. I have been camping in front of the hostel bc it is cheaper. I probably would camp even if I had more $$$.

The weather has been wet and moderately windy which stifles any motivation to explore the area. Mostly, I have been socializing and eating here. It's a good rejuvenation stop. Hopefully, tonight I will make it to Caleta Torta.

No comments:

Post a Comment