Teeth

Teeth

Saturday, January 22, 2011

22 Jan: Even windier and rainier

I packed up camp around 9:30ish in heavy wind and rain.  I decided to hike the long way out past Laguna Torre because I thought just maybe the weather would inprove.  Wrong!  In the strong tail wind, combined with rain, I was quickly soaked.  The trail was one long little rivulet of water and not soon after departing, my boots were filled with water.  At least I had a tailwind which is way warmer than a headwind.  I plodded along feeling really dejected.  Wet feet can really mess with your head.  I had a headache too.  By the time I reached town almost five hours later, I was completely wiped out.  The weather is often better in town, but not today.  There were gale force winds and rain.  To top it off, there were no beds left in town and I woyuld have to camp in my wet tent.  Crap!  Even worse, the power was out and had been out for 2 days.

One of 2 things worth photographing today; an interesting frog

Yellow, lady slipper-like flowers dotting the trail
I waited 5 hours in the hostel where I had stashed my extra stuff when I went trekking.  I was hoping the rain would stop.  The owner let me take a hot shower and it really helped.  Around 7:45 the rains stopped, but the wind didn´t.  I set up camp in an unprotected, but decent enough campgraound.  I really guyed out my tent, bc the winds were insane and continued on thru the night.  But it didn´t rain and the upshot was that the strong winds dried absolutely everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment