Teeth

Teeth

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Torres dia 5

Today I hiked up the Valle de Franca hoping that the weather would clear and I would catch a glimpse of the Cuernos del Paine.  It was really nice to hike without a heavy pack and I made it to the Mirador (5.5 km) in 2 hours.  But it continued to rain and as I gained elevation, it snowed.  Just like the last time I hiked in Hatcher Pass, AK in the summer!
When I got to the top, the sun began to stream through and I was granted a misty view of the Cuernos. Afterwards, I returned to Campamento Italiano to pack up camp and hike to Los Cuernos (7.5 km).  Daily total was 18.5 km mas o menos.  I briefly thought about hiking to the next campground, but it was already 4:00 and I didn´t know if I had another 4 hours of trekking left in me.
Cuernos del Paine in the morning mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment