Teeth

Teeth

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dia 29 Making progress

Finally, finally, finally I was able to accomplish tasks in this crazy country!

First, I went to the Sky Air office and booked a ticket ($120 USD) for one third the price of LAN airlines.  Then I went to the supermarket and got a box and tape.  Next, post office to ship stuff home that I am not using.  Afterwards, I went to the climbing shop (1 of 2 in all of southern Chile).  I was actually able to replace my nalgene bottle that I left in the taxi from the airport in Buenos Aires on my first day.  Of course, it cost me, but I am ok with that at this point.  Life without Nalgene is exceedingly difficult.

Having not heard back from Marisol-the-travel-agent in Punta Arenas since Sunday, I called her via Skype.  She said, "oh, you´re Tracy´s friend".  A good sign.  She said she would take care of everything and would send me an e-mail.  I was so thankful, I asked her if I could bring her anything from Puerto Varas.  "Chocolate?"  I inquired.  "Si, si, me gusta mucho" Marisol responded.  Sometimes it helps to grease the skids a little.  I am not above a little encouragement (bribery).

It is raining off and on which does not bode well for doing laundry.  There are no self service places here and since I have so many technical clothes that need to be hung to dry, I would have to tell them not to dry anything.  Because it is rainy, I could have to wait a long time for my clothes to dry.  Maybe in Punta Arenas.

Thenext item on the docket is deciding whether to climb Osorno tomorrow.  My flight isn´t until 9:30 pm. The forecast looks good and the climb should only take 6 hours plus travel to and from.

No comments:

Post a Comment