Teeth

Teeth

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Torres dia 7: Las Torres a almenecer

I got up at 3:50 a.m. to hike up (650´approx) to see sunrise on the Torres.  Thankfully, the weather was warm and there were only a few clouds- just enough to make the photos interesting.
Torre Central close up.  A Spanish team is attempting this peak and has already fixed rope on a few pitches before retreating to wait for better weather.  When I met them later in the day, they were happy to examine my pics for route conditions.

I played with my camera settings for the first time since buying the camera.  I have not been happy with the quality of photos to date.
Happy to be at the Fin del Sendero/ End of the Trail
Using the sunset setting on my camera, this is one of my favorite shots.  I like the shadows in the early morning light.  Often times the Torres are red at sunrise, but I was elated just to be able to see them after so many days of rain and clouds.
The view on the way down of Lago Torres.  It could be eastern Washington or the east side of the Rockies.

No comments:

Post a Comment