Teeth

Teeth

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dia 27 Frustration!

This day was almost to frustrating to recount.   I mean really grim.  I still have bad back pain from bicycling the other day that I can´t shake off which is contributing to the foul mood.  The weather sucked too. I spent 5 hours working on a plane reservation.  Sky Air is $200 cheaper than LAN.  However, foreigners cannot use credit cards with Sky Air, only PayPal.  Paypal put a security block on my account presumably because I am in Chile.  It took a 45 minute Skype call from my iPhone while pirating wifi in front of a closed restaurant, sitting on a curb, in the rain.  They lifted the block.  I again tried to book a flight online, but kept getting error messages.  Argggh.  I don´t know which company the problem is with.  Again, beacuse of the holiday on Saturday, everything was closed on Sunday.  Drat!  I went to a locutorio to call Sky Air, after 30 minutes, I learned nothing new, but had to listen to the worst hold music ever.  Think Phillip Glass.  I got so pissed off that I accidentally ripped the phone out of the wall.  Oops.

Having made no progress, I was really close to tears (of frustration).  I sat down and sketched out an itinerary for Punta Arenas, Puerto Natales, and the Torres circuit using info I found on the internet and info from fellow travellers.  I then contacted a travel agent named Marisol (www.aonikenk.com) who came highly recommended by friends.  Things get very busy down south and I have been having mounting concerns that I will not have a place to sleep or eat.  Marisol e-mailed me back that it shouldn´t be a problem.  I felt a little better.

Realizing that I couldn´t accomplish anything else, I took more anti-inflamatories and hopped on a bus to visit the German village of Frutillar.  It was good to get out and go somewhere.  Photo is of the opera house in Frutillar.

No comments:

Post a Comment