Teeth

Teeth

Thursday, January 27, 2011

25 Jan Lago del Desierto to No Mans Land

View of Fitz Roy from Laguna del Desierto
Laguna del Desierto
The boat ride across the lake was relativelz uneventful.  There were tourists, cyclists, and me.  At the far end of the lake, I officially exited Argentina.

I fully expected to camp at the free campground here as it was already 6:30,but I noticed that all of the cyclists were surrounding a caballero and about 8 horses.  I went over and learned that for 7.5mil, I could have my heavy bag transported the 24 km across to Lago OHiggins.  Feel a little guilty, I accepted rationalizing that it was very late.

I was introspective as I plodded alone thru the muddy Coigue and Lenga forest as it was the 3 month anniversary since I left my job.  The thought that kept recurring is that I still dont feel relaxed.  Im still feeling drained mentally.  I have not been able to read a book and can not retain much new information.  The residuals from my job are astounding.  One things is really apparent, I need more time to heal and rejuvenate.

I crossed the border by myself and reached the camping area at the estancia in good time.  I had a good nights sleep at the quiet estancia amid 6 cyclists.

No comments:

Post a Comment