Teeth

Teeth

Friday, January 28, 2011

27 Jan: The Dancing Beaver

View of Villa OHiggins from mirador above town.  Zou can see two lakes and Rio Mayer
I have to say, I feel much more at ease here.  Villa OHiggins is at the southern terminus of the Carretera Austral.  It is difficult to get here, so I am finally away from the masses.  Most of the people here are adventuresome, families from Santiago, or are on a tour bus to see the glaciers.  Evidently, this place is on the cyclists map of roads to bike.  In any case, it is nice to be around more adventuresome travellers.

There was a big tour group staying in the hostel last night that departed this am.  Jorge is short staffed and I am short on Chilean pesos, so I negotiated a work trade.  I spent most of the day helping Jorge.  He is from Spain and is a real character.  His nickname is the dancing beaver.  Go figure.

In the afternoon, I hiked up to the mirador overlooking town.  I will try to post a picture.  Internet is really slow, so no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment