Teeth

Teeth

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

30-Jan Caleta Tortel

Yesterday was like a scene out of a bad sappy movie.  Me sitting on the side of the road in the rain trying to hitch a ride while tourists cars passed by. 

On the other hand, today was incredible.  Some Argentine tourists I talked to yesterday came by and picked me up at 8:00 a.m. and drove me to the junction near Caleta Tortel.  I was easily able to find a ride to Tortel.  On the ferry ride from Puerto Jungay, the Austrian couple from the hostel suggested I hike the Cordon Ñadis, 45 min south of Cochrane.  I was able to take a photo of the map with my iPhone (came in very handy later).  Hence, I was preoccupied in Caleta Tortel with buying provisions for a 3 day backpacking trip.

Boats in Caleta Tortel
It was raining in Tortel and I had to carry my heavy backpack on the slippery docks everywhere I went.  With an area that receives so much rainfall, it is surprising that they don{t put anything grippy on the boardwalks.  Nonetheless, it is an attractive village with no roads built into the hillsides.  It is reminiscent of Halibut Cove near omer, AK

No comments:

Post a Comment