Teeth

Teeth

Thursday, February 10, 2011

9-Feb Bus to Futaleufu

Stops for van maintenance werent all bad

After 2 weeks or so on the southern Carretera Austral, I decided to breeze through the northern part in a day.  A 12 hour van ride on the hottest day of the year.  What can I say about this?  On the positive side, there bus wasnt full and there were no children.  The road is mostly gravel and is very dusty.  The bus driver stopped frequently to do vehicle maintenance and change tires.  He had only one cd.  It was really bad 80s music.  I mean really bad- wham!, Gloria Estefan, The Bangles, Thompsin Twins, Cyndi Lauper, etc.  He played it over and over again.  Since I dont do that well in these situations (hot bus, driving insanely fast on extremely windy road), I doped up.  The resulting catatonic stae helped me greatly to endure the experience.

I arrived a little after 2130, found a hostel and found a great little restaurant.  the pollo a la plancha, paltas, pepinas, y zanhorria can una copa de vino tinto made me very very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment