Teeth

Teeth

Saturday, February 26, 2011

226-Feb Fly Fishing on Rio Limay




Fish on!  My first rainbow trout.
We got up super early because the weather forecast called for wind in the afternoon.  We met up with Gene, Candy, and Ivo to shuttle the trailors.  The launched to fish the Limay.  It was a chilly morning, but we soon warmed up in the sun as we boated down river.

Dick and Trisha had a lot of patience. My fishing technique leaves something to be desired, but hey, it was my first time and at least I didn't hook any human flesh.  I did manage to snag my shirt once though and had several near misses.

It was a beautiful stretch of river with interesting rock formations, but the fishing was slow.  I did manage to catch a nice rainbow trout though!  We had a great siesta complete with portable tables and chairs, leftover steak, chicken, bread fresh fruit, chips, and vino.  These guys are veterans and know how to do this right!

It was a great day on the river and I can see why people find fly fishing addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment