Teeth

Teeth

Sunday, February 13, 2011

13-Feb Cerro Piltriquitron

My Barcelonan friend Alexis met me at 8:00am to take a taxi to go hike up Cerro Piltriquitron.  Walking through town to the mountain club office to get our taxi, I was surprised at the number of young partyers still roaming the streets drinking.  It was scary!  Alexis managed to find 2 others to share the expensive cab ride ($6USD per person).

We were both happy to escape the ugliness of town. We began hiking at 9:30 and it took us far less time than the book had indicated.  It was only 4 hrs RT to gain 1100m of elevation.  It was cloudy and windy, so there were no summit views of the mountains, but at least it didn´t rain.  We stopped at the refugio on the way down for mate (mah-tay)and I set about finding us a ride back to town.  I successfully procured us one from a couple from Cordoba.  We did not want to walk the 13 m down the dirt road.

Scultpure in the Bosque Tallado (sculpture forest) on the hike up

Windy and cold summit photo.  My thermometer said 39 degrees!

Hiking down valley
Tomorrow, I am taking the 9:30 bus back to BAriloche.  My friends Dick and Trisha are kind enough to host me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment