Teeth

Teeth

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dia 8 Pichi Lefue


As luck would have it, I've been hanging out with two avid fishermen - Dick and Gene. Today they took me with them to fish the Puchi LeFue in the pampas. For those of you in AK who think it's crazy that I would use a rod and reel instead of a big net, don't worry; I went hiking while they fished. It was a beautiful area that reminded me of eastern WA near Yakima. It was hilly, shrub steppe type habitat with really interesting rock formations of all types and colors. I followed game trails thru the prickly brush to avoid stickers. It was actually better than American desert because there are few to no snakes! There was no shade, so despite best efforts, I got a little too much sun. By the end of the day I looked like a British tourist in the African subcontinent because I was wearing a off white long sleeve button down, pants and my dorky sun hat. Galen if youre reading this, I love the glacier shirt!

On the way out, we checked out an Indian cave with hieroglyphics. Also on the drive home there is a lake with flamingos. Esteban invited me over for dinner, which was very nice except I forgot to mention my passion for carne and had a vegetarian dinner. His place overlooks the lake, so there are good views.

No comments:

Post a Comment