Teeth

Teeth

Monday, December 13, 2010

Dia 3


Today I had a rough start.  After waiting in line at Citibank for 30 minutes, they told me that they would only give me change if I was a customer. Then I could not find the Apple store to buy a new protector for the iPhone.  I took the Subte to the Palermo, but it was windy and drizzly.  I wasn't really up for exploring, so I walked all the way back to Recoleta along the parks.  I stopped at the Museum of Modern Art and saw a really bizarre exhibit by Marta Munin (sp?).  Near the museum is the floralis generalis (see pic); it's a neat public art installation and the petals close up at night. I also went to one of the Lonely Planet recommended restaurants for a late lunch and ended up sitting with an American.  It felt good to speak English and not work so hard to communicate.  The empanadas were awesome.  I spent the remainder of the afternoon in the plaza reading once the weather cleared.  In the evening, I went downtown with a dutch guy, Nils, who was staying in the hostel across the street.  We went to a very disappointing touristy parilla.  The only good part was that it was also a tango museum of sorts.

At dinner I learned that there is such a thing as pork t-bone.  Guess I will have to wait another day to try real argentine steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment