Teeth

Teeth

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dia 24 "floja"

Every day I try to learn at least one new word. Today la palabra del dia es "floja"; English translation = lazy.

I figured that today would be a down day to recover from climbing Lanin, but I'm happy to report that I'm really not that sore. Regardless, i set 2 goals for the day: going to the termas or hotspring and buying a bus ticket to Puerto Varas. Over breakfast at the hostel I began talking to a guy from Santiago. His back was very sore so I suggested the termas. His response was can you drive? With that he gave me the keys to his car and I drove us to Termas de Pozones that afternoon. It was threatening to rain, so what better activity then soaking is there? The pools were very natural and didn't smell like sulphur. It was quite nice with a pretty river running along side, lots of flowers, and a low key international group of bathers. I practiced my Spanish all day since I was no longer around gringos.

In the evening, i packed up to get ready for the early bus to Puerto Varas. I ate at Viva Peru with Anya which was an overrated, greasy restaurant with poor service. Lonely Planet was wrong about this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment