Teeth

Teeth

Friday, December 31, 2010

Dia 26 New Years Eve


I woke up feeling a little flustered this am. It can be really challenging to plan itineraries and execute them. I am staying in yet another tourist town, though beautiful, but it is hard to do things on my own. Things are very expensive and it is difficult to get good info. Mostly people want you to take their tour and charge you a lot for it. I'm a do it yourselfer!

My angst was some what mitigated over coffee with Anya and Victor. Victor had some great suggestions!  He recommended catching abus to Petrohue, checking out the cascades, and hiking the Solitario trail (6 km).  Away we went!  As you can see it was abolutely lovely except maybe for the tabanos (horse flies) which followed us everywhere.
 Fuscia plants grow wild here.  They remind me of my mother, because dad always bought her a fuscia plant for mother´s day from all of us.  So, I think about my mom a lot here when I see these flowers.  I posted this picture today, because it is my mom´s birthday.  Happy Birthday mom!
 Saltados de Petrohue with Volcan Osorno in the distance
I still have no plans for this eve, but maybe a steak dinner!  We are now working out our plans for tomorrow.  We are hoping to catch a bus to Correntoso to hike in Parque Nacional Alerce Andino.  Everything will be closed tomorrow (you should have seen the lines at the supermarket!), so hopefully the buses will still be running.

 Feliz Ano Nuevo!

And to Brett and Val, congratulations on your engagement!  I always wanted a sister!  Please send pics of the ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment