Teeth

Teeth

Friday, March 4, 2011

Rainy day in Cochamó

Fogón with La Paloma in background
 I didn´t sleep all that well owing to warmer temps and the sound of rain on my tent.  i finally got out of bed around 10:30 and walked over to the fogón to cook breakfast.  There I met all the other campers.  Most were either Chilean on vacation or rock climbers.  there were several parties from the US.  I had an extremely social day and don´t think I left the fogón.

I did, however, commit 2 embarassing faux pas.  Let´s just say I learned the difference between ´caliente´and ´calor´.  I was trying to say that I didn´t sleep well because I was too hot (calor), but instead I said that i didn´t sleep well because I was too ´caliente´.  I let the readership discern the difference.  Combine that with another mishap, I changed my clothes and a pair of my undies must have goten stuck on the inside of my pant leg and reached a final destination on the fogón floor.  oops!  I can only imagine what the Chileanos thought of me; they were far too polite to say anything.
Campamento La Junta in the morning mist

clouds clear over Cerro Trinidad

No comments:

Post a Comment