Teeth

Teeth

Friday, March 4, 2011

Another bus travel day

I was moving slowly this morning and totally screwed up!  I missed the morning buses to Pucón.  As a result, I am in Valdivia for 3 hours waiting for a connecting bus.  The bus will arrive in Pucon at 9:30.  So much for doing laundry today!

On the upside, there is time to check out Valdivia, update the blog, and go food shopping for tomorrow´s trek.
artist market in Valdivia

My loose itinerary is to go to Parque Nacional Huerquehue (pronounced where-kay-way) tomorrow and the next day (5 and 6 March) then catch a red-eye bus to Santiago arriving on the morning of the 7th.  I will spend 3 days in Santiago before flying to Copiapó.  There I will spend the better part of 2 weeks trying to climb Ojos de Salado, the highest peak in Chile and the highest volcano in the world.

Click here for info on Ojos de Salado

No comments:

Post a Comment