Teeth

Teeth

Thursday, March 24, 2011

22-Mar Cañon de Colca day 2

There isnt a lot to be said for today.  We hiked a grand total of 6km over 4 hours.  Painfully slow.  We arrived in the next pueblo called Oasis for the 5 swimming pools it boasts.  I was bored and restless.  We had pasta for lunch which immediately upset my innards adding further to my irritation.  I felt despondent.  How can I find a way to be happier in Peru?  I cannot take another tour. Yet, I am in a country that it is not safe to travel alone.  On Sunday night, the owner of the hostel had encouraged me to take a taxi rather than walk 6 blocks to the restaurant for my safety.  Really?  I was starting to feel hemmed in like an animal in a cage.

The best that can be said for today is that Alejandro bounced back from his heat exhaustion and was able to continue with us.

typical vegetation

The pueblo of Oasis, route out of the cañon is on left

Waterfall

No comments:

Post a Comment