Teeth

Teeth

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 4: Quebrada de San Lorenzo

I sampled local cuisine last night and paid for it during the night.  The locro (veal, pork, garnazo beans, etc stew) tasted very good, but my intestines didn`t like it as much as my taste buds.  Alas, I got a later start than hoped today.  To my surprise, it was actually sunny!

I took the bus to San Lorenzo, 7 km outside of the sity, to a cloud forest reserve.  I needed a little bit of exercise before my 23 hour bus trip (leaving in an hour and a half) to Iguazu.  The forest was lovely, but as is typical of all Argentine parks, there were cows and horses inside the park.  I enjoyed the vegetation, the mirador, and lots of green parrots with red beaks.

Nice trees

Mirador overlooking Salta
I returned and ate lunch outside in the plaza.  I was reading the NY Times on my iPhone when an elder gentelman came over and told me some vaquero was watching me and was walking back and forth behind my table.  My oblivousness was a little unnerving, but the plaza in broad daylight is basically safe.  Nonetheless, I joined the table of elder gentleman.  It was good fun.

Now for 23 hours of bus...

No comments:

Post a Comment