Teeth

Teeth

Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 16: My final day in South America

I woke up at 11:00 a.m. in a haze resulting from too much Malbec.   I dragged myself out of bed, put my bags in storage, and checked out of my hostel.  I originally thought that I would go to Tigre for the day, but decided that the one hour train ride in each direction combined with public transport to the train would be too much on top of a long, red eye flight.   Tigre is the delta where Portenos vacation on summer weekends.

Marcelo and I went for a long walk and had a late breakfast/early lunch and then parted ways.  The cool air felt good.

I was hoping to go to Bellas Artes, the art museum, but it is closed on Mondays.

I spent most of the day in quiet reflection- thinking about my trip, places I have visited, and people I have met.  Indeed it is the end of one journey and marks the beginning of the next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment