Teeth

Teeth

Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1 Salta

May Day and everything is closed.  I fnd myself having to readjust to life in Argentina.  Dinner is at 10:00 pm.  So I have to change my schedule and my accent.  Argetines pronounce the `ll`like `zha`and pretend they don`t understand you if you prounce it the Castillian way.  The people are more sophisticated than in Peru and Bolivia.  The steaks are great.  In short, it is nice to be back.

Salta is a nice city that seems to be well set up for pedestrian use.  There are many orange tree-lined plazas and other open spaces for public use.  There are 2 pedestrian only streets near my hostel with lots of hustle an bustle.

In the morning I went to a tour agency recommended by the LP guide book.  I paid for 2 single days tour (discount or 2) which I would later regret.  In the agency I met a nice Dutch couple, Thomas and Nicol,  that  I spent most of the day with.  The Dutch all speak good English and most don`t speak any Spanish.  We walked to the bus terinal to buy tickets to Iguazu for the 23 hour ride.  But it wa closed until 1:00, so we went up the Cerro.  The teleferico was closed, so we shared a cab and walked down.

View from the Cerro in Salta; the teleferico was closed so I shared a cab

with my new friend from Halland, Nicole

Nice plaza

I spent the remainder of the aftrnoon walking the streets and checking out the junky art fair, updating my blog, and having a late lunch.  Imt Thomas and Nicole for dinner in a Peña or a restaurant with live folkloric performances that this area is know for.

No comments:

Post a Comment