Teeth

Teeth

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Apr 21 Pampas day III

Today, I woke up early and sat in my favorite spot on the boat listening and watching wildlife.  I only wished I had a kayak to tour around quietly in.  We had a huge breakfast consisting of pancakes, homemade donuts, cut fruit, and homemade empanadas.  The morning activity was fishing for pirhanas.  It sounds more romantic than it is.  I like efficiency so I would have preferred to fish with a net.  We caught a couple small pirhanas, but nothing worth eating.  We followed this activity up with a quick swim; nobody wanted to stay in long because there were pink dolphins nearby. 
 
Fishing for pirrhanas

Red pirrhana

Toco Toucan

Storks
Capybara!
After another good lunch, we packed our belongings and boarded the canoe one final time to head back to the port.  At my request, the guide found us a toucan (far away) and some capybaras. 

No comments:

Post a Comment