Teeth

Teeth

Monday, April 4, 2011

3-Apr Machu Picchu


I roused myself at 5:30 and repeated the same process as yesterday.  I arrived at the park entrance around 7:00 ish and began hiking up the peak Machu Picchu.  The views were stupendous and I had the entire peak to myself.  I stopped along the way to watch the picaflores (hummingbirds) that were so striking in their shiny green and turquiose.  I reached the top after an hour and a half of climbing stone steps.  More text later, too tired to be creative now.
The classic view of Machu Picchu

Aerial view of the hydroelectric facility; I couldn´t help feeling sad over how much damage this facility did to the area and what a blight the powerlines are on the landscape.  Such a pity. 

handsome devil

I think the llamas are quite charismatic

No comments:

Post a Comment