Teeth

Teeth

Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 2: Asheville wedding prep

I spent most of the day running errands and helping out with wedding prep.  I won't bore you with the mundane.

At 3:00 p.m., my aunts, uncle, cousins, and parents convereged at Brett and Val's house to assemble gift bags.  Based on all my Reggae on the River experience as crew leader in charge of boxed breakfast- this was right up my alley.  However, the house was chaotic again and Brett and Val were overwhelmed by the amount of people in their kitchen (I was overwhelmed too)- I can't tell if it was pre-wedding stress or that organization is simply not one of their virtues, but it was hectic. 

Each gift bag contained an itinerary (very lovely), maps and lists of attractions, Cana de Flor rum, coke, mom's cookies, locally made jam, crackers, etc.  It was more complicated than one would think, but we got it done.  I managed to escape just in time to make it to dinner.
The whole family comes to help make gift bags.  What a team!

I drove over to Frank and Rachel's house- dear friends from California who have no relocated to Asheville.  Lucky me to have good friends here!  I was feeling quietly proud of pacing myself with family and taking time for myself.  Frank and Rachel treated me to a sushi dinner and we had a great visit.  It was especially nice to get to know their son Eli who is one of the coolest 6.75-year-olds I have ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment