Teeth

Teeth

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

4-June: A fairy Tale Wedding

On June 4th, 2011, my brother Brett married his long-time girlfriend Valerie. The wedding was held in the enchanting Walled Garden at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC.

The wedding had a fairy tale motif from invitations boldy inscribed with "and they lived happily ever after" over a castle to the bride arriving at the ceremony in a horse drawn carriage.


Bride, groom, and officiator under the elegant hoopah
My cousin Fred eloquently officiated the ceremony, and to my delight, used analogies of Fredric Olmstead's garden design to a good marriage.  The bride and groom left the garden after the ceremony in the horse-drawn carriage while the 3-piece string band played "I've just seen a face" which is the song my brother used to woo Valerie on their first date.


Beautiful bride and her ladies in waiting

Always a bridesmaid...

Proud papa
married couple
  
My uncle, Michael, put it best when he said:
"we just spent the last hour living in Valerie's dream"


No comments:

Post a Comment